1. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
“Personal Information” is information that, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies you. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, and mailing address. When we combine Personal Information with other information (i.e., information that does not, on its own, identify you), we treat the combined information as Personal Information.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information from you for various purposes depending on the context in which we collected it. For example, on our Site, we collect contact information from you if you wish to sign up for our newsletter so that we can send you information on regulatory requirements, emerging trends, and upcoming events. As another example, we or one of our service providers collect survey information from you to help us improve our events and services.
In other words, we process Personal Information with your consent, as necessary to provide the Site, or for our legitimate interests, such as:
- Enabling secure use of the Site (, log-in for secure areas);
- Providing, analyzing, administering, and improving the Site and our services;
- Contacting you in connection with our Site and certain services, notifications, events, programs, offerings, or surveys that you may have registered for or participated in;
- Sending you newsletters and other information that you have registered for or requested;
- Responding to inquiries regarding the Site;
- Processing job applications and other human resources administration purposes;
- Protecting our rights or our property;
- Meeting legal obligations;
- Providing services within the scope of our engagement with a client;
- For other purposes related to the reasons for which you provide Personal Information.
3. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Information We Receive from Clients
Our clients may provide us with Personal Information from time to time in the course of our engagement with them. Personal Information obtained from or relating to clients or former clients may be subject to additional limitations and protections under our Code of Ethics, applicable codes of professional conduct, laws, regulations, and the terms of our engagement letter or other agreements.
Information that You Provide Us
In various places on the Site, we request information, including Personal Information, from you via forms. For example, we collect contact information when you: sign up for a newsletter; register to receive some of our proprietary content such as webcasts, articles, and videos; sign up to participate in an event; apply to work at Rastegar Property Company; complete a survey. The exact information we need to collect will depend on the purpose of the form. We will indicate on the form whether a particular field of information is mandatory or optional. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide requested services.
Information We Receive from Your Use of the Site
We collect the following types of information automatically through your use of the Site:
– Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of device identifiers. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review your help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
To help you make an informed choice concerning your acceptance of cookies on the Site, we have prepared the following table:
Type of Cookies
|Essential Strictly Necessary Cookies||Essential cookies enable you to navigate our Site and use certain features, such as accessing secure areas of our Site and using other features of our service that require us to keep track of certain information as you navigate from page to page. Although some of these cookies are “required” to enable certain functionality, you can disable them in the browser, but doing so will limit your ability to use the features supported by such cookies (e.g., automatic log-in).
|Functionality Cookies||Functionality cookies are cookies that support features of the Site, such as remembering your preferences.
Examples of functionality cookies include:
Remembering your email address in order to view select videos and remembering you as a user to access private offerings for clients. We do this via the cookie and can only be used on your machine or device.
|Performance Cookies||These cookies collect information about how you use our Site, including which pages you go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies are only used to improve how our Site functions and performs.
Examples of performance cookies include:
|Tracking or Targeting Cookies||From time-to-time, we may engage third parties that track individuals who visit our Site. These third parties may track your use of the Site for purposes of providing us with certain marketing automation features (to help us improve our outreach to current and prospective clients) and providing you with targeted advertisements.
Examples of tracking and targeting cookies include:
· visitorid: a SalesForce marketing automation tool, to track use of our Site.
Log File Information
When you use our Site, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), number of clicks, and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names associated with your internet service provider, pages viewed, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”). We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Site to further our legitimate interests in securing the Site by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities, and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Site to improve the Site’s function and content.
To help personalize our Site and to better understand the demographics of users of our Site, we may use information derived from your IP address to estimate your location (roughly at the precision of your zip code). If we require access to more precise location data to provide you a certain feature (e.g., to help you identify nearby opportunities), we will only access your device’s location in accordance with the consent that you provide through your browser or device, which you may revoke at any time by following the instructions provided by your browser or device manufacturer.
Information Made Available through Client Portals
We offer an investor portal for client investors through a third party vendor. For your convenience and to help ensure the security of transmission, we provide you with access to financial records, which contain Personal Information, through these portals. For more information regarding how we collect, use, disclose, and protection Personal Information collected through these portals, please refer to the privacy notice published on the portal.
4.DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
This section describes to whom we disclose Personal Information, and for what purposes:
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing the Site. For example, among other services, we use third parties to provide services such as website analytics, document repository software, job application processing, customer satisfaction surveys, marketing, customer relationship management, and video- and podcast-hosting. We take reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Rastegar Property Company or our assets to another organization (, in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Site, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts: We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or another legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
5. PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERRED FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.
6. HOW WE PROTECT THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Rastegar Property Company does not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child without parental consent, we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
8. YOUR DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
If you would like to access, amend, erase, export, or object to or restrict the processing of, Personal Information about you, you may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws. When we process Personal Information about you on behalf of a client, we must act on our client’s instructions—including with regard to how to respond to your request.
9. OPTING OUT OF RECEIVING E-MAIL COMMUNICATIONS
With your permission, we may send notifications, newsletters, promotions, or other information via email (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving communications by indicating your preference in your account profile or settings. You may follow the unsubscribe instructions in any email you receive. You may also send a global to unsubscribe request to email@example.com.
10. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
11. OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES, INCLUDING SOCIAL MEDIA
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Site, including the information or content contained within them. A link to a third party’s website should not be construed as an endorsement by Rastegar Property Company. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your Personal Information to third parties, including social media sites on which you choose to share your Rastegar Property Company content.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US